[AT] Bad valve on an M- Update

Everett Hanson ehanson at grantsburgtelcom.net
Wed Mar 10 06:53:58 PST 2004

I had a rocker arm bushing turn in a rocker arm on a M but this caused to
much oil to come out the small hole in the top of the rocker arm.  The shade
tree mechanic that saw this fixed it by closing the small hole with a
hammer.  The resulting lack of oil on this valve caused the rocker arm to
wear out and caused the valve guide to be worn very loose. Be sure to check
for valve guide wear .
Ev