[AT] Small Farm Tractors vs Garden Tractors

Tim Bivens bivenshill at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 06:24:21 PST 2004

H.L.
Brake horsepower and SAE horspower are both horsepower
ratings of the engines. The Case VAC and all regular
agricultural tractors are rated by drawbar horsepower.
This is what they use in the Nebraska Tractor Tests
and is the standard by which agricultural tractors are
rated. The smaller garden tractors, mowers etc. are
rated by the engine horsepower which is going to be
quite a bit higher than the actual drawbar horsepower.

Tim Bivens
Glen Rose, Tex.

--- "H. L. Staples" <hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com>