Walts whine was ... Re: [AT] New family member... thanks, Spencer

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Sun Mar 7 20:39:02 PST 2004

I think as someone mentioned earlier, the delay problem often starts with
the sender's ISP. That is the first place the message goes when you send it.
I know that my ISP is now much better than they were 4 or 5 years ago. I
used to be able to send a message to myself and it would sometimes take
15-20 minutes to get back to me. As a message goes through the many servers
it passes through on its trip to its final destination it get put in a cue
at each one and sometimes if traffic is high it will have to wait there
until enough bandwidth is available for it to pass on through. This is how
the network guy at work explained it to me.
Mark
P.S. - Thanks Spencer for maintaining the list for us