[AT] New family member

bwhdon acton at onramp.bz
Sun Mar 7 12:51:07 PST 2004

Having horses, cows pigs geese, dogs, chickens etc here on my place makes it
nice, when raising a beef its amazing to see how they can adapt to finding
companions other than other beef. Sure a herd animal needs friends but they
don't have to been the same type. I got a lonely old goose left over from
the past flock we had that either got ate by coyotes or died of old age, the
old girl has adopted the horses a compaions, and the dogs hate it, when it's
time to put her up at night they have a heck of a time getting her out of
the corrals. Old penelope the pig always thought she was a dog, and the cats
best friend is a dog, . My dogs never have a problem of tearing up things in
the house, they live out side when they love it and can do thier choirs of
watching over the herds and flocks on the place. Old cricket the barrel
racing horse lived here alone for a good number of years and had a bunch of
other friends other than horses, and when we increased the herd she gave a
good fight at those other horses that now took over her domiane.

The only problem I see with not have herd animals in groups is you don't get
baby ones, because they can make friends with most other amimals and not be
lonsome.

just my 35 cents

Don