[AT] Bad valve on an M

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Wed Mar 3 15:56:00 PST 2004

Dick: Probably is valve. However, I had an experience similar, it was
popping and it turned out to be cam lobe. Maybe best thing to do is
remove the valve cover and start the engine-don't worry oil want go
everywhere, just a little loss. See if all valves are making the full
travel and none are too tight. If too tight and not proper valve lash
then it would pop also. Head job would not be too much ? $100 depend on
if new valves are needed. One thing to remember is that after doing a
head repair job you are going to use more oil because of the increased
compression.
Now the best thing would be to let me come take it off your hands and
you need worry no more!

Wayne