[AT] WD 45

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 3 11:39:47 PST 2004

Wayne;
    When looking at an Allis service manual that has the two different
shifters illustrated, it appears the shifters are different lengths below
the pivot point. The manual I have, an Allis manual (shop manual) that lists
the part numbers isn't here right now, it's with the tractors and I won't
get there for a few days. I'll try to remember to look up those numbers next
time I'm around the book.
    It also appears that the shifting forks are of different lengths for the
two different transmissions. That possibly could account for the different
shifter lengths although it may just be in the eye/mind of the illustrator
who drew the diagrams. Gil