[AT] How about Tractors.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 3 09:41:37 PST 2004

I used to help my Dad pull down some of the bigger trees that the tractor
and blade could not handle. The height makes all the difference. The old
Cancade blade on the 50 would only lift maybe 18 inches off the ground. At
that level, the trees are pretty solid. But hook a chain and long cable on
about ten feet up and that tree would pull out quite easily most of the
time. It was a good method if you only need to move a few trees but I
wouldn't want to take on a whole forest that way.

Ralph in Sask.
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/lgoff/latestpage.html