[AT] How about Tractors.

Tom Armstrong toma at risingnet.net
Tue Mar 2 21:15:27 PST 2004

We had 2 inches of rain in 2 hours last tuesday. It rained 1/4" wed,
thurs, and friday. On friday We were leaving for mariposa and I went out
to check the cows with the Mazda 4x4. The Sprint guys were out working on
the cell site and parked in the turnaround. I had to back up and tried to
turn around in the road. I got off the road and snapped in the hubs. No
dice, I was stuck. I just skated down the hill sideways it is about 30%
slope. The Mazda ended up about 250' down the hill. Mud slick as snot.

I took the jeep out there and spooled out the cable, too short. I ended up
having to start the D4. I usually dont roll when it is wet. Don't like to
tear things up and load up the tracks. There was no other way. Ran out the
road and turned and backed straight down to the mazda and chained up. My
wife refused to steer. It fishtailed back and forth but followe me right
up the hill. Those 2" grousers paid off, didn't spin a track. Off we went
to Mariposa and the little Cat 20.

Bought some seed oats today. Figure if I have the seed maybe I will get it
planted. I figure it will be dry enough to plow next week if we don't get
any more rain. It usually doesn't rain much after the 1st of March.

Tom Armstrong  toma at sangregorio.org  San Gregorio, CA  s. 1892
Barnyard Technology--- Ideas for tomorrow -> from yesterday's scrap.
     4th, 5th, 6th generation on family farm. Can Ag Sustain?
                http://www.sangregorio.org/