[AT] OT - Harbor Freight sliding miter saw update

ROBBRUT at aol.com ROBBRUT at aol.com
Mon Mar 1 17:46:46 PST 2004

I have purchased nine (9) of these saws over the past two years (two for my
own use, the rest for for a couple of my sons and a few friends).
At least three went directly into commercial service, one for a roofer, the
second for a historical building restoration company, and the third for a
remodeling contractor.
They all worked/are working fine except one, which had a bind in the carriage
right out of the box.
I returned it (on their nickle, since they send a return postage or UPS chit
if you call them about a problem) and the next one was fine.
By the way, I bought 5 of the saws at one time, since I had a 10% off coupon
they gave me because I wasn't pleased with the quality of another item which I
also returned.
On the whole, I am pleased with the items I get from them.
Bruce Thompson