[AT] Florida Flywheelers

Larry & Barb Dotson dotson at loganrec.com
Mon Mar 1 14:45:04 PST 2004

Cecil,
We did get a few pictures although I don't know how to put them on the
list. There was one guy that joined early Farmalls
to togather in side by side fashion. He had 3 F-20's (I believe they
were F-20's) together and a couple of  pair of F-14 or F-20
They had only one front end though. He also had a pair of  450's (I
think) paired up with about 30 inch wide turf tires all around. There
were several permanent bathrooms with shower stalls. The early campers
had hook-ups, but we didn't even have electricity. I am sure that an
earlier attendance would have helped as most people seem to have
electric and many with water. There were several vendors for food as
well as the club's own large dining hall. The lines were quite long from
11:15 to about 1:30 so I am sure all the vendors did well except for the
ice cream guys (it was 43 degree Friday morning and only got to
about 50 degrees). We all wore jackets as the wind was blowing too. On
Sat it started the same way, but the clouds finally
opened up and let  the sun through and it quickly got to 68/69 degrees
and was  very comfortable without the coats.
We did not find any bargains as most of the parts seemed to be in poorer
condition than what we see around home. We assumed
this was due to equipment being used year around rather than 6 or 7
months for much of the equipment used around here.
At Portland we will have to get a caravan organized for next year. It
will be worth the effort to make the trip.

Larry Dotson
Bellefontaine, Ohio