[AT] Old generator / Beilers .

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 15:41:23 PST 2004

Ivan Cousins <ivancou at usachoice.net> wrote:
Larry , I didn't give any thought to the weight of the
paper . Actually we
do have some of the cheap tp , its best used in the rv
. The softer kind
plugs up the holding tank . But then the other half
doesn't believe me , and
she has her own roll .
I tried the flashlight , and with a thin film of
penetrating oil on it
was able to read a good bit of the tag , found out the
oil wt , 30 for
summer ,20 for winter . But those stamped numbers were
the hardest to read.
I kinda shied away from power tools , instead used a
small wire brush about
toothbrush size and a scotch brite pad . I thought
about electrolysis but
since most of the tag is printed I thought it best not
to try .
Ivan

Ivan and Mattias,  I think the paper you want is
Genuine Vegetable Parchment, commonly just called
Parchment or Kitchen Parchment.  (Not to be confused
with real sheepskin).  A very thin and strong paper
like product.  Never tried rubbings with it but I
think it would work well.

I use the light trick on a daily basis,  Move the
light around until it casts the right shadows.
Sometimes I have to use different angles for different
parts of the tag. :-)

Good idea not to get aggressive with any old tag, it's
probably seen enough abuse in it's life.

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan