[AT] Names that have become generic

BetCleve321 at aol.com BetCleve321 at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 18:13:06 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/31/2004 8:39:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CBear81438 at aol.com writes:
I gotta jump in here.   If Ford had made a live hydraulic pump available on
the Dexta, It would have been one of the best tractors around..
The Super DEXTA did have a live haulic pump as well as a live power take off.
It was acomplished  with a two stage clutch. Half way down on the pedal
stopped the tractor , all the way, stopped everything. It also had a Simms injector
pump with it's own governor, no air valve in the intake, The engine had a
larger 152 ci. in. engine and a diferential lock.
The reason it didn't sell is that it was two damn expensive and really ugly.
I put it on e-Bay and some gentleman in Huston liked it a lot and came all
the way here to pick it up. You gotta admire that.

Skip