[AT] Books

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Mar 29 18:42:37 PST 2004

	We were in the local library this afternoon and I checked
out 3 of their 5 old tractor books...   :-)   They used to
have more and maybe they still do. I didn't bother looking
at the computer, maybe they are all out on loan but I doubt
it. I like to go buy at library book sales but it just kills
me to see some of the stuff that should be on the shelves
being sold.
	I also checked out a reprint of a classic originally
published in 1917. It is titled "Farm Equipment And How To
Use It" by Harry C. Ramsower (The Lyons Press). Remember
that this is 1917 farm equipment and much of it is hand
tools. It does a great job of covering such things as using
hay tracks etc. It also covers setting up the farm home with
lighting and plumbing and farm buildings. It covers tractors
only very briefly.
	I think almost everybody on this list would find it highly
entertaining and informative.  A really great book (a little
over 500 pages). Check your library...
	I was also looking for video tapes on the colonial period
and the American Revolution. I ended up with "the" tape on
Plymouth Colony.   :-(   They had Civil War stuff coming out
of their ears.
--

"farmer"

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net