[AT] Plow share questions?

Brett Phillips bphillip at shentel.net
Thu Mar 25 05:21:24 PST 2004

Dean:

The wing of a plow share is the end opposite to the "point". Regular shares
usually extend out and back past the edge of the moldboard by a few inches,
depending on the size of the bottom.  Clipped wing shares don't stick out as
far past the edge of the moldboard, and I think they are the same as the
"narrow cut" shares you mentioned.  I have one clipped wing share for my
Ferguson plows that is identical in every way to a standard share, except
that the "wing" is about three inches shorter.  Sorry I never got a chance
to see what the manual has to say about them and report back, I had a date
with a girl named Allis last night, and I didn't get home 'til late.  Don't
worry, my wife knows all about her...  I'll check this evening, for sure.

Brett Phillips
Strasburg, VA