[AT] Rationale for firing orders

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Mar 24 16:09:22 PST 2004

Uhh, yeah.  Make a diagram of the end view of a distributor -- nothing
fancy, just a circle with the numbers of the cylinders correctly labeled
in one of the firing orders for one direction of rotation (such as
1-3-4-2 clockwise).  Now start with number 1 and count in the opposite
direction.  Notice that you get the "other" firing order.  So if you
look at the firing order of both distributors as though they both turned
the same direction, it would appear that you had changed the firing
order by changing distributors.  But you didn't.  All you did was count
the firing order on one of the distributors in the wrong direction.

Larry