[AT] Rationale for firing orders

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Tue Mar 23 20:28:27 PST 2004

It's funny that those strange split journal cranks were so strong. That
is as long as you got one that has the hydraulic rolled fillets. They are
what was used in the Grand Nationals. I've seen stock cranks run well
into the 9s without a problem. Then again guys rebuilding their motors
in their Grand Nationals using standard cranks have joined the DOC
club in a street car. The DOC stands for drive over the crank. Not a
pretty site. Shoots them right out the bottom of the oil pan.

Rob