[AT] OT: High tech rodent control

Bob Brooks rbrooks at hvc.rr.com
Tue Mar 23 19:42:56 PST 2004

Farmer if you bought running tractors you could feed the exhaust into
the gopher holes.

If they had belt pulleys you could actually put them to work and kill
gophers.

I think I've told this story on the list before, but I had a friend who
figured he would kill the gophers in his yard by pouring gasoline down
the gopher holes and then waiting a few minutes for the holes to be full
of fumes and then tossing a fire cracker down the hole.

Seems he didn't know the gophers had tunneled under his house.  The
explosion blew the door off the crawl space.  Lucky for him his pickup
was parked directly in front of the door, the flying door  caved in the
door of the truck when it hit it.  ;)

Actually he was pretty lucky in the fact that the place didn't burn down.

The insurance company didn't want to cover the damage to the truck
either, seems they have a problem when you do the damage yourself.  They
finally covered it, but they made it painful for him.

Maybe you should make sure you don't fill a building with carbon
monoxide if you try this.....

Of course this wouldn't work for me as I seem to buy my project tractors
in baskets and boxes.  ;)

Bob