[AT] B Allis

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Mar 23 15:08:30 PST 2004

Speaking of Spark plugs and tune up parts.

A while back I needed a set of points for my D-14.  Went to the local parts
store and the guy charged me about $12 bucks for them.  The only thing that
kept me from giving them back to him is that I call him a friend and he is
an  independant trying to compete with NAPA and Autozone.  Anyway,  I
decided to look in the Value built catalog.  As soon as I did I decided to
order a back up.
I got a kit with points, rotor button, condenser and 4 Autolite 303 plugs
for less than I paid my "friend" for a set of blue streak points.  All of it
is in a plastic box that says tune up kit, 4-cyl gasoline, CA, WD, WD45,
D10, D12, D14, D15, D17 w/Delco Dist. 1112688 14mm 3/8" reach spark plug.
Points 1882965-VAHD, Condenser 1869704, Rotor 1905590, Spark Plugs (4) AL303

My "friend" couldn't even cross reference my points.  He had to take my old
ones, luckily I had them with me, and go in the back and look in boxes until
he found some that looked right.

My advice: Always check the Value Built catalog if you have a few days lead
time.

Charlie