[AT] My "new" Allis Chalmers D-12 Series III

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Mar 23 04:11:45 PST 2004

> Good deal Cecil.  I only have one problem with the whole deal.  Apparently
> you were so excited about the new tractor that you forgot to close your
> freezer door.  I just came in from putting coastal bermuda hay on Lynn's
> tulips, azaleas and other flowers that are either in full bloom or in full
> bud.  Supposed to have a hard freeze tonight.
>
> I know you and Bob had a good time playing tractor!
>
> Charlie

	We both enjoy this activity, Charlie. There is a lot of pleasure
in picking up an old tractor and bringing it home. I'm even getting so
I can chain them down pretty good.  ;-)

	As to the temperature, just be glad you don't live up here in
the Frozen North. Our pond froze over last night and I was surprised
when I looked at the thermometer and found out it was 15 above zero this
morning. I just gotta go where it is warm for a few days.

	I looked out this morning and there were about 25 wild turkeys
waiting for me down where I feed them and the chickens. I found out quite
a while ago that if I want them to stay around until I throw out the corn,
I have to take it slow going down there and stop once in a while and look
around. For some reason they trust me when I do this. Anyhow, about half
of them came running up to me and were glad to be the first to get the corn.
The others came running as I walked away. I don't give them much as all they
want is a little at a time. Turkeys like to forage all day long and eat a
variety of things. This is one of the things that give me a great deal of
pleasure. It takes a long time and a lot of patience to get wild things to
trust you.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson