[AT] Allis B Brake Drums

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Sun Mar 21 14:07:35 PST 2004

Guy; I've never seen a Allis Chalmers brake that indicated any kind of
thoughtful engineering, but then I'm not familiar with any of them newer
than the W series.
On the Allis page www.allischalmers.com, brakes are quite often discussed.
The tools of choice being the blue tipped wrench and heat, Heat, HEAT,
followed by a  bfh, a Bfh, then a BFH.  If this don't do the job, a smaller
grinder, a punch and a GOOD vise grip. All of this interspersed with a
liberal supply of band aids and your choice of four letter words. It takes
time and ingenuity.
Good Luck,  Gil