[AT] Allis B Brake Drums

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Sun Mar 21 13:38:26 PST 2004

The brake design of the early Allis Bs were not Allis's greatest moment
in engineering. These tractors were simply not made to sit outside (oh
yeah, neither was the seal on the gear shifter). I'm trying to pull the
brake drum on the side that had the cover missing. It's not coming
willingly. I've got a homemade puller that won't take it, even with the
assistance of heat and PB Blaster. Any suggestions? Commercial pullers
that are up to the task and not too expensive? Torch off the shaft so
I'm not working with two foot of it bending and twisting (it was bent
before I started).

Guy