[AT] Super MTA oil pressure

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Mar 20 08:46:34 PST 2004

D. Day wrote:

> Nice ramble!  Thanks for taking the time to reply.
>
> Is it possible that running kerosene through the oil system might flush the
> blockage out?  The inside of that engine must be incredibly dirty.  After
> draining the oil and then refilling it with new, I again drained it when I
> worked on the oil filter problem.  The oil that came out of there looked
> like it had not been changed in years! It was as black as the original oil
> was.
>
> Dick

	From what you say I think that there is every possibility that some
additive like a Moly or graphite filled one may have been used in that
tractor at some point and may have accumulated in that oil feed opening.
I once owned a car that someone had used one of those "overhaul"
additives in and it had built up deposits almost 1/8" thick on the
crankshaft where it had impacted the oil on the front face as it turned.
It also had upper oiling problems. I finally pulled the one head bolt
that the oil was supposed to go up around and cut a grove in one side of
it to give the oil a little room. That took care of it fine. I did
finally have to put rods, mains and rings in that engine.

--

"farmer"

I was going to mention something cute about my failing memory but I have
forgotten it already...  :-)

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net