[AT] Super MTA oil pressure

Phil Auten PGA2 at hot1.net
Sat Mar 20 07:52:14 PST 2004

Detergent oil will do that. Sounds to me like the previous owner(s) have
used non-detergent oil in it and the insides are pretty well full of sludge.
The best way to get rid of it is to open up the engine and tear it apart
and have the block hot tanked. This should clean out all the oil galleries
and passages. You can clean the remaining parts yourself with mineral
spirits or kerosene or any good parts washer solvent. When the block
comes back, reassemble. Should be almost as good as an overhaul.
One thing you need to do for sure is to mark everything as to which
cylinder it came from so it can all be put back where it belongs.
That way the parts that have worn in together, stay together.

Phil