[AT] Massey Harris 44-6

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 15:50:21 PST 2004

--- Landen Schooler <skoullar at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Hmm, the ones I've seen the 244/245 blocks where
> cast different,
> an easy way to spot them is the double row of freeze
> plugs on the right
> side. THe last 226 block I rebuilt I have sonic
> tested, and it
> wouldn't take an 1/8th" overbore.
>
> Landen Schooler
> Palmyra, Iowa

Landen, I'd have to find a chart with the different
variations.  There were so blamed many!  I have worked
on 223's, 224's, 226's, 227's, and either 244's or
245's a time or two.  But, most of these were prior to
1996 when I left the mill.  How quickly one can forget
the details.  I do remember some problems areas but
can't recall which ones went where.  Oh well.
This does bring back (some) memories. <g>
  Dave Myers
  Paw Paw, Michigan