Airplanes was Re: [AT] an Iowa snowstorm

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Wed Mar 17 21:26:35 PST 2004

A friend of mine and fellow crop duster visited with the FAA about my
accident.  They said it was torn up so bad that no one could say what
made it crash.  It was obvious that the aircraft had hit a pole and been
knocked down.  So much chemical smell around that they didn't want to
get close to it. (I was carrying 260 gal load at the time of the crash)
  My friend pointed out that the pole was not in the flight path of a
headland pass and that it wouldn't knock down that airplane anyway.  No
further comment from the FAA.

There were no passengers involved and I crashed on private property, so
I guess there was no reason to investigate much.  I would like to know
what failed.  They don't care.  End of story I guess.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA