[AT] Broadcast/frost seeding clover?

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Mar 17 15:04:13 PST 2004

	This thread triggered a memory of planting cereal rye when I was 8
years old. We had a model A Ford truck (made from a cut down sedan). It
had a small high flatbed on it. The seeder was a former hand carried one
that originally had a cloth bag. The seeder was bolted to an old horse
drawn mower seat spring. The seat spring was bolted to the trucks hitch.
The cloth bag was replaced with a large lard can with a hole in the
bottom. My father drove the truck all over the field and I sat on the
back of the truck turning the crank and watching the hopper. I would
yell when it got low and he would stop and I refilled the lard can hopper.
	I still have that old seeder, hasn't been used in 50 years.

--

"farmer"

I was going to mention something cute about my failing memory but I have
forgotten it already...  :-)

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net