[AT] Massey Harris 44-6

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 16:45:15 PST 2004

--- Landen Schooler <skoullar at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Ok again.....a F-244/245 is a bolt in, a FO-226 is
> the overhead valve
> version that Checker cars ran in the 50's to early
> 60's.
I'm fighting CRS again but if I recall the F-244/245
series had cooling problems due to thin cylinder
walls.
Apparently they used 226/227 blocks and bored them out
make the bigger engines.
I definitely remember that you need to pay close
attention to the spec. numbers.  The same displacement
engine had many variables, crank flange, distributor
mounting (and rotation), front cover, etc.
I think the bellhousing mounts were the same in all
versions, 4 and 6 cylinders.
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan