[AT] Allis RC Pulley question

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Mar 17 11:58:56 PST 2004

pga2 at hot1.net wrote:

> Nope. No lever. Just the bolt/locknut.
>
> Phil
>

>>There should be a lever somewhere to take it out of gear.  I can't
>>remember exactly where it is though.
>>
>>Charlie

	I have seen a lever unit to shift those. I suppose it was an after
market by an other company. I'm not sure if list member Scott Pike has
one of those or not. I can't remember where I saw it except it seems
that it was maybe at an auction sale and "maybe" the sale where we
bought a WC with loader for Scott Pike (he had to work). It was a
fabrication that clamped to the pulley shaft housing and as you worked a
rod connected to the lever a cam action of sorts slid the housing in and
out of the hole. I would suspect you would have maybe still locked the
pulley out of gear with the set screw and locknut when doing field work
(or took it off and plugged the hole). The shifter would be most useful
when belting up and aligning the tractor. As I discovered using my JD-A
it is easier to belt up when you can shut the pulley off (it of course
won't).
	I grew up belting with Fords and Fergusons where you belted up then put
the pulley in gear to try it. Those also gave you a choice of rotation
depending on which direction you mounted the pulley assembly. That made
setting up a lot easier in some limiting locations.
--

"farmer"

I was going to mention something cute about my failing memory but I have
forgotten it already...  :-)

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net