[AT] OT Gasoline prices

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 17 08:47:13 PST 2004

Rob, I don't consider the metric system to be a progressive change for us.
The system of weights and measures we had before was working fine. Its just
made life a little more complicated . I've had to become "bi-lingual" having
a working knowledge of both systems. And the two systems have crossed over
into a hybrid. We apply our farm chemicals in litres per acre, not per
hectare. Crop yields are mostly bragged about in bushels per acre, not
tonnes per hectare. And don't ask me how many litres per 100 km my Blazer
burns. I know it gets something over 20 miles per gallon and thats good
enough for me.
Anyway, I burnt up a few litres of gas in the old 40 this morning finally
opening the driveway after the weekend blizzard. Temp is in the high 20s and
wet snow falling so I don't think I'll be taking the snowblower off for a
while yet.
Ralph in Sask.
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/lgoff/latestpage.html