[AT] an Iowa snowstorm

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 06:32:02 PST 2004

> Cecil,
> Lots of folks from your neck of the woods spend Winters in the Rio grande
> Valley along the Texas/Mexico border. I hear there are some really nice
> places down there, but I've never been that far down in Texas. We
> regularly see motor homes and travel trailers from "up North" traveling
> South on I35 starting in about October.
>
> Phil

	I wondered about that area, Phil. My son helped an old couple
move down that way somewhere a couple years ago. I understand there is
decent hunting in southern Texas in the winter. I met an old Texan up
in MA one fall who was also walking his pointer dog like I was and he
invited me to come down any time to hunt quail. I guess we both had
old man's dogs, German Shorthair Pointers, and he thought I could be
trusted not to shoot the cattle.  ;-)  I've been all over southern LA
and don't care for it much until you get over close to Texas. The last
time I was there the local crop duster's kid, maybe 14, was shooting
touch and go's with the AgCat after school. My kind of place.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson