[AT] OT Gasoline prices

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Mar 16 20:31:29 PST 2004

Rob, officially, we went to the metric system some 30 years ago but most of
us in my age group are more comfortable using the old imperial gallon when
we talk mileage or fuel consumption. Sure our vehicles are all calibrated
with metric speedometers (except my old 71 Chev and the Internationals)  and
we have kind of gotten used to measuring distance in kilometres but I still
do that imperial conversion in my head when somebody speaks to me in metric.
I can't help it, I was educated in the imperial system of weights and
measures, still speak farenheit degrees of temperature. Maybe I'm just
stubborn and don't want to change.

Ralph in Sask.
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/lgoff/latestpage.html