[AT] Super MTA oil pressure

D. Day ddss at scppd.net
Tue Mar 16 18:32:05 PST 2004

We just put the rebuilt head on the M and fired it up without the valve
cover in place so we could make sure oil is circulating through the rocker
assembly.  How much oil should we see?  The engine oil was totally drained
about a week ago. Tonight we filled it up and put a new filter on prior to
starting it.  We ran it a few minutes and didn't see a significant amount of
oil.

Should we see a gusher or a trickle?  Since the engine sat dry for so long,
will it take a while before oil reaches the head?  Oil pressure hit about 70
the second it was started and held there until we shut it off.

Dick

Dick Day Software Services
83712 552nd Avenue
Norfolk, NE 68701