[AT] WD 45

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 15 09:41:35 PST 2004

Wayne; I don't know if I've sent you the answer to this question or not.
Anyway, the shifter #257577 is the straight shifter and is in the WD's with
serial #127006 and down. The shifter #257580 is the curved shifter and is in
the WD's with serial #127007 and up, as well as the WD-45's. (this is to
assume there have been no component swaps during or after the build). Heck,
I even heard a short while back that some late WD's were built with 45
engines right out of the factory. I don't know if that's true or not. It may
have been a fact. At that point in time A-C, as well as any of the other
builders, could sell about anything they put together. There were more
buyers than product.