[AT] OK boys, I need help!! OT Computer stuff

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sun Mar 14 18:09:08 PST 2004

    I have Sprint here at the farm. Had it installed about 4
months before I moved in In July. There was so much noise on
the line that it was impossible to hold a conversation and kept
being disconnected on the computer and when I was able to stay
on, it was so slow that I would just give up.
    I called their serice number, which was somewhere in the
south. Even with all the noise while talking to the service
reps, they still we through all their speil on how it could be
in my house lines.
    It took 5 calls to them before I finally got a technician
who finally checked the line to the house. He said there was a
dead short in the very old wires. he put in a service order to
have new cable installed just before the winter freeze. We have
much better service now.
    While the service rep was here, I had him give me the
number of the local superintendant to call if I have any more
trouble. Haven't had to call him yet.
    Oh yes, while they were here, I had them run the phone line
to my shop. That was a good little CASH investment.

                            Gene