[AT] Tree pullin... :-)Charlie

Michael P. Maynard mmaynard at rochester.rr.com
Sat Mar 13 17:36:56 PST 2004

I am in Marion, which is about 30 minutes east of Rochester...   near
Newark, Sodus, etc.

We are actually cutting them up, but yes, if they were fully lose from
the ground the winch/dozer would move them just fine.  I have mostly
used the dozer for 'logging' for firewood... have pulled quite large
trees with it... some in the 2' diameter range (of course I did
generally cut them to a shorter length somewhere around 20').  Dad has
also pushed over 1' diameter beach trees with it as well.  The TD6 is a
good general purpose dozer for the average use.  It's a little small for
some things, little big for others, but has a nice happy medium.  The
hard part is, it weighs 12000 pounds, which puts it in the realm of
needing a class a license to tow it anywhere here in NY, although it
hasn't stopped me yet.  I used to tow it with my 84 K2500 GMC, but now
have every intention of using the deuce to tow it.  Pickup was a little
light for stopping it in a hurry if needed... :-)  For the price I paid
for it, I would recommend getting one if you can at my price!! :-) I
only have $800 into it (minus the winch).  If you search the archives
you will see previous messages about when I brought it home.  I think
they would be near May 2002.

Mike