[AT] Nice photo-farmhouse and mower

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Sat Mar 13 20:29:51 PST 2004

Boy, is that ever an heir-loom farm home or what!

I drove a team for a couple of years before I ever sat on a tractor and, as
others have commented, I find the team a bit odd or out of place.  From the
house it would appear that this is a well to do farmer who probably has
several teams of horses.  I would guess this team to be his buggy team as
they look like trotters.  But, if they are, I am surprised that, other than
cruppers, there doesn't appear to be a brake on the harness.  Of course, he
could have multiple harness for this team.  The visible trace definitely
appears to be pint sized compared to those on the field harness but probably
are just right for these horses.

Who knows, maybe he is going to mow some light grass out along the road and
he knows this to be a steady team.
I agree, though, if he were going to mow a field - of say a first cutting -
he would probably be spending more time resting the team than he would be
mowing.

Great pic though - it's fun to speculate about what's going on in it!
Dudley
Snohomish, Washington