[AT] Cub PTO reverser unit

SEITHR at denison.edu SEITHR at denison.edu
Sat Mar 13 04:19:52 PST 2004

Hi guys--

Maybe the Cub Contingent can help me understand what this gizmo might be good
for.

Go to ebay, get into the search function, and search on "Hub City Cub
reverser" (don't use the quotes, just type in those words).

You'll come up on a nifty device that takes the Cub non-standard,
counter-clockwise PTO and converts it to a standard size shaft rotating in the
proper direction. Wonderful. But it doesn't change the speed at all. The shaft
is still going at engine speed (approx 1,400 rpm) instead of standard 540 PTO
rpm.

What's the big deal? What is the benefit of correcting only two of the three
things that keep the Cub PTO from being standard? If it did all three, I could
maybe understand the healthy bidding. But right now, I'm stumped to think of
what you might use it for.

Bob Seith
1953 Cub