[AT] OK boys, I need help!! OT Computer stuff

tomehrkam at houston.rr.com tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Fri Mar 12 14:03:32 PST 2004

If the driver uses TWAIN. Most older scanners do. XP does not support
TWAIN. TWAIN was a 16 bit app. NT Does not support it.

For that reason a new driver is required. That is what happened on my
Canon G1 and G2 camera. I had to download a new driver application. The
flash memory is used like a disk drive. The software accesses the images
by going out to drive # and looking for files.

My Microtec scanner uses both Twain and the parallel port SCSI emulation
interface. For that reasion it will never be supported under XP. "That is
the scanner plugs into the printer port."

Windows 2000 does support 16 bit apps. It should support more of those
devices than XP.

Both Windows 98 and Windows 2000 are nearing end of life. When that
happens all the patches may go away. Also they will not make any more
security patches for those systems.

Windows 95 is in that fix. No support at all.