Shrub pulling was Re: [AT] Tree pullin...

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Fri Mar 12 10:40:42 PST 2004

Not trees exactly but I learned a trick from my BIL when
trying to remove old shrubs. He couldn't get the tractor
in the yard without tearing the lawn up so he used his
little Toyota 4X4 wagon. He hooked a chain around the
base of the shrub then took it over a slightly leaning
spare tire and then the hitch on the wagon. With VERY
little work the shrub popped right out of the ground
and never even turned a tire. The leaning tire created
a fulcrum point as it stood up. Thought this would work
great but getting a tractor tire to stand up while you
hooked a chain over it to the tractor seemed a little
dangerous. Then again you could always call in the
Dotson bros to help blow the trees out with some dynamite
and then burn them :)

Rob

> Good job Mike..nice stak music.
>   I've pulled down many a pine tree using the ole Chevy.  When it
started to
> come over by itself and gravity took over and if I had my timing just
right,
> I could get the cable tight again and pop the stump out.
>     Found it easier to go 90 degrees to the tree, down by the stump
and wrap
> a cable around the butt of the tree and try to roll it out.
Sometimes it