[AT] OK boys, I need help!! OT Computer stuff

Kiser, Rick rkiser at islandhospital.org
Fri Mar 12 10:10:40 PST 2004

A gigabyte is 1000 megabytes which is 1,000,000 bytes. (btw, a terabyte
[tb] is 1000 gigabytes, we're talking fairly large numbers now!)

If you have 64 mb of RAM, you must have an older machine, probably
running W98. More memory will speed up your machine, so jumping it to
128mb would most likely make it run faster, but not twice as fast.
Anything above 256mb for W98 is marginal, W2000 or XP are a different
story.

40% system resources is a different thing, that probably wouldn't change
no matter how much memory you have. RAM and resources are only slightly
related.

RickinNW-WA