[AT] Tree pullin... :-)

tomehrkam at houston.rr.com tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Fri Mar 12 06:27:48 PST 2004

Great video. Took all of 3 seconds to download it with RoadRunner.
I wish I had a small crawler like that. It would be handy.

Looks like the time I tried to recover my 1976 F150 4x4 when it was stuck
in quick sand. The first time I hooked the cable I placed it about 5ft high
on a large oak tree. When I fired my 8000 lb winch up the only thing that
happened was I pulled the &^% tree over and drug it across the pasture.

I reconnected the cable to a 10,000 low strap that was wrapped arround
the base of three large oak trees and finally pulled the truck out. Did not
even have to use the snatch block.

One question. Does that count as being stuck. The truck made it out with
5 wheel drive. :-}

If that does not count as being stuck then I never stuck that truck in 15
years of trying. I cannot say the same thing about the many jeeps and land
crusers I pulled out though.