[AT] WD 45

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Thu Mar 11 13:01:50 PST 2004

Actually on the WD45s the 3rd gear is usually the one that
wears out first and causes the transmission to jump out of
gear. This because nearly all field work is done in 3rd
on them. We just split our 45 down to the the last
nut and bolt restoring it and found the normal worn out
3rd gear and retainer pins as well as the seals between
the PTO and transmission shot. This as well as the shaft
having grooves worn into it. Makes a good tractor almost
usless for actual work. The do make a speedy sleeve kit
to fix them luckily. A lot of work to split and repair
them correctly.

Rob

> Gilbert: Did you happen to notice what part the serial number of the
WD