[AT] Farmall SMTA

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Wed Mar 10 13:44:53 PST 2004

You can find out fuel type, because that wasn't an option, but was
considered a different tractor. High clears were considered a
different tractor before the 404/504 706/806 models, and was tracked-
afterwards, it was an option. The new book as the 400 series LPG
numbers. A Stage III Super M isn't actually a Super M, but is a Super
MTA (Stage IV was the Farmall 400). Stage 2s got the factory LPG.
Guy

> I went looking through my past posts to find Guy F. e-mail and not
there
> so I hope he is checking posts today.
> Guy I have a SMTA that I have been "told" is a Series III factory
> original LPG and one of about only 500 made. I must go get your book
on
> the letter series to get your input but can you verify the above
> possibility? I have a few old Farmalls and one that I have never
seen
> but told not unusual. It is a factory LPG 400 with the TA delete
option.
> Is there any way with the older Farmalls and IHC tractors to check
> number of production on models like the factory LPG,  Rockfort
clutch,
> or other options?
> Anyone else on the list have any ideas?
>
> Wayne