[AT] Bad valve on an M- Update

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 07:54:14 PST 2004

The rocker arm shaft on my MF is hollow and fed with oil from the center
rocker arm shaft mount. The oil then travels inside the shaft and is directed to
the rocker arms through holes in the shaft right at the rocker arm. The hollow
rocker arm shaft has a cork (from the factory) in each end that's held in
place by a cotter pin. If the get old and worn from heat and vibration, then oil
leaks past them and the rocker arms may not get enough.

Karl

<< When I get back I'll address this.  How is oil transported to the ends of