[AT] Fordson Picture

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Wed Mar 10 02:32:21 PST 2004

They appear to be solid rubber tires, for use on pavement, like a modern
fork lift.
Would either be slicks, or have a tread pattern for wet traction, I've seen
both.

Would have been used in paved road maintenance, short run hauling, or at a
factory.

This would have been before normal rubber tractor tires became available,
so the alternative would have been steel wheels.

The wheels are probably cast, pretty heavy for traction.
They might be stamped sheet steel, but you would expect stiffening ribs in
that case.

The trailer is a rear dump, with solid rubber tires too.
Something about the rig makes me think "bricks".

Note the lady driving the tractor, to show how easy it handles.
There is an address, but no phone number.

I'd pay $653.20 if they threw in the trailer...

Dave Merchant

At 12:19 AM 3/10/2004, you wrote:
>I saw the picture linked below on the web. Are the wheels on this Fordson
>standard?  I was curious exactly what sort of rear wheels were on this
>tractor...
>
>http://memory.loc.gov/service/pnp/cph/3b40000/3b43000/3b43900/3b43922r.jpg

Dave Merchant
kosh at nesys.com