[AT] Bad valve on an M- Update

D. Day ddss at scppd.net
Tue Mar 9 18:06:44 PST 2004

Before I pulled the head, I checked the plugs and noticed that the two
nearest the fan were covered with black carbon, the other two didn't look
that bad.

When I took the valve cover off, I could see that the area above those two
fouled plugs were completely covered in a silver-gray powder and looked to
be completely void of any oil. The other end looked like it was well
lubricated.

Is what I'm seeing a buildup of exhaust carbon?  I can see shiny flakes of
something, possibly metal shavings in the powder?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dick