[AT] Small Farm Tractors vs Garden Tractors

Tim Bivens bivenshill at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 11:30:32 PST 2004

George,                                           Yes,
that and the fact that sometimes manufacturers use the
different horsepower rating methods to suit their
needs. Back in the 1960's when horsepower was a big
selling point the automobile manufacturers used the
highest horsepower ratings possible. Then all of a
sudden when the gas crisis hit and it wasn't cool to
advertise big horsepower anymore all of a sudden an
engine that had been rated at 400 horsepower one year
was rated at 250 the next.
Tim Bivens
Glen Rose, Tex.