[AT] Small Farm Tractors vs Garden Tractors

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Mar 9 08:22:23 PST 2004

Tim,

To add to the confusion are the different definitions of a horsepower.  The
most widely accepted is James Watt's definition... 33,000 foot
pounds/minute.  Then there's the Sears horsepower that I'm not sure how it's
defined.  I THINK it is determined by the amount of noise a machine makes
when it hits a brick wall at full speed.  It's used to rate air compressors,
vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, and maybe stereos. :-)

George Willer