[AT] OT-seeking info/Thanks

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Mar 8 16:14:19 PST 2004

Charlie,
  Good Luck. The QD connector stands about a 99% chance of breaking off
flush with the top of the pump or the intake manifold. The ones on the
heater hoses do the same thing. I replace them with standard fittings
and hose. GM has a known problem with the aluminum ones, Just like they
have a known problem with DexCool and don't tell folks.  Oh for those
interested the Dex problem is that it has to be changed out just like
the original green stuff. GM has told shops about the fact that it turns
acidic when used in dissimilar metal engines. And have now started to
recommend replacement at 30-45 thousand miles. I just flush the system
REAL good and change it over, better heat and easier to deal with.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY