[AT] New family member... thanks, Spencer

Thomas O. Mehrkam tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Mon Mar 8 04:12:54 PST 2004

I think that all the spam and virus filtering that ISP's have to do
now adays have a log to do with the speed of the email. Just think
of the time it takes to look inside each email to try to block spam
and viruses.

I know AOL does both spam and virus filtering.

My isp RoadRunner recently started virus filtering. My email response
time went from 30 seconds to about three minutes on the average.

Any slowdown can probably be blamed on the internet creeps who bombard
us with SPAM and viruses.

I recently had to turn off instant messaging on my cell phones because
of internet SPAM.

Lets put the blame where it belongs.